The Board of Certification/Accreditation (BOC) was founded as a credentialing organization advocating rigorous professional experience for working orthotists and prosthetists seeking to enhance or advance their careers.
Added remote testing with a live proctor as a test-taking option for certification candidates. This allows them to take exams using their own device from the location of their choice.
BOC launched the new and improved website designed to offer more streamlined content and easier navigation for customers.
BOC celebrated the five-year anniversary of the Certified Durable Medical Equipment (CDME) Specialist™ certification.
BOC Board of Directors approved a plan to sunset the acceptance of new applications for orthotist, prosthetist, and pedorthist certifications
BOC will continue to provide services and support to BOC-certified orthotists, prosthetists, and pedorthists; we no longer accept new applications for these three certification programs.
- Created and introduced Certified Durable Medical Equipment (CDME) Specialist™ certification
- Launched Pharmacy Accreditation
- Honored with first Stevie® Award for Customer Service Department of the Year
- Introduced additional online features to MyBOC, a personal web portal for certificants, candidates, and business owners
Relocated from Columbia, MD to current headquarters in Owings Mills, MD
Created and introduced Certified Pedorthist (BOCPD) certification
Created and introduced Certified Mastectomy Fitter (CMF) certification
Created and introduced Certified Orthotic Fitter (COF) certification
Created and introduced Certified Prosthetist (BOCP) certification
Began awarding accreditation credential for businesses
Certification program accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA)
- Founded by Baltimore pharmacist Donald O. Fedder, DrPH, MPH, BSP, FAPhA
- Began awarding Certified Orthotist (BOCO) certification