Call for Papers Announcement 2013
O&P World Congress September 18-21, 2013
Gaylord Palms Resort, Orlando, Florida, USA
The American Orthotic and Prosthetic Association (AOPA) and its partners, The U.S. National Member Society of the International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics (USISPO); and the German Association of Orthopaedic Technology/Con.fair.med are pleased to announce this call for papers for the 2013 World Congress to be held Sept. 18-21, 2013 at the Gaylord Palms Resort, Orlando, Florida, USA.
The World Congress program committee has made a commitment to having a strong scientific program and is soliciting scientific and clinical case study abstracts for the congress. The committee invites you to submit an abstract to be considered for presentation at the congress.
The committee has also made a commitment to have extraordinary plenary sessions with invited speakers who are leading experts from the world over, such as the following esteemed professionals.
- Roy D. Bloebaum, Ph.D. – is a Research Scientist and Co-Director of the VA Bone and Joint Research Lab at the Dept of Veterans Affairs (VA) Salt Lake City Health Care System. Dr. Bloebaum’s publications include 113 peer reviewed manuscripts on bone and total joint replacement related topics and he has been a guest lecturer on these topics all over the world.
- Heinz Trebbin, CPO, MSc – is an international activist, speaker and founder of the renowned Don Bosco P&O educational program, the only fully accredited P&O program in all of Latin America.
- Andrew Hansen, Ph.D. – is the Director of the Minneapolis VA Rehabilitation Engineering Research Program and Associate Professor at the University of Minnesota. Dr. Hansen is an internationally recognized expert in ankle-foot prosthetics. His team is actively developing rehabilitation technologies and performing research studies to evaluate effects of medical devices on user performance.
- Dan Berschinski, a decorated war veteran, lost both of his legs during Operation Enduring Freedom. This has not slowed him down. He recently founded and will serve as CEO of Two-Six Industries LLC, a service-disabled veteran-owned small business. Two-Six Industries produces injection molded plastic components; new research will explore the commercial feasibility of prosthetic socket designs. He also serves on the board of directors for the Amputee Coalition.
- Dieter Juptner – President of the German Group Ampuwiki
Strong scientific and clinical case study submissions are expected from around the world. The format of the conference will provide a substantial audience for novel research focused on orthotics and prosthetics. The AOPA hosted World Congress will bring together prosthetists, orthotists, physicians, scientists, researchers, engineers, programmers, clinicians, shoe technicians and other professionals. This diverse community of professionals focusing on different aspects of orthotics and prosthetics will provide a unique and powerful environment to advance the field forward.
Before submitting a paper we ask that you review the model for the abstract format which also provides additional information about the submission process. The model abstract is available at this link: http://www.aopanet.org/WorldCongressAbstractTemplateModel.pdf
Papers are being accepted for podium, poster and/or symposium sessions. For more information or to submit a paper use this convenient link https://aopa.wufoo.com/forms/2013-call-for-free-papers/
For general information about the congress, we invite you to visit www.opworldcongressusa.org, email worldcongress@AOPAnet.org or contact Tina Moran at (571) 431-0808.
We look forward to seeing you in Orlando for the largest and most significant event for orthotics, prosthetics and pedorthics in the Western Hemisphere to take place in 2013.