The BOC board announces the election of its 2018 executive committee and the election of four new members of the board. The executive committee is made up of the officers of the board. The recently elected 2018 officers are:
- Chair: Wayne R. Rosen, BOCP, BOCO, LPO, CDME, FAAOP, prosthetist and orthotist at W.R. Rosen, Inc., a multi-site orthotic and prosthetic practice in South Florida
- Vice-Chair: Shane Ryley, BOCP, BOCO, area clinic manager at Hanger Orthopedic Group in Torrance, California
- Secretary: David D. Regier, ATC, MS, director of rehabilitation at Fort Worth Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine in Fort Worth, Texas
- Treasurer: William J. Powers, MBA, LFACHE (Life Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives),retired Air Force Medical Service Corp. office
- Member-at-large: Mark L. Parris, Pharm.D., RPh, COF, former owner of Parris Medical Services, former president of Parris Pharmacy, Inc., Riverstone Pharmacy, Inc. and Parris Compounding Services, Inc. and staff pharmacist at CVS Caremark Corporation in Blue Ridge, Georgia
- Immediate Past Chair: L. Bradley Watson, BOCO, BOCP, LPO, president of Clarksville Limb + Brace + Rehab in Clarksville, Tennessee
The four new board members are:
- Joshua A. Bressler, COF, orthotic fitter at Ability Prosthetics & Orthotics, Inc. in York, Pennsylvania. He previously held positions at the Orthopedic Institute of Pennsylvania and Carlisle Regional Medical Center. A strong advocate for quality patient care, Bressler believes the need for certified professionals is growing in conjunction with the DMEPOS industry.
- Daniel Griffis III, Pharm.D., pharmacist and pharmacist-in-charge at the independent pharmacy, Rainbow Drug Store, in Brunswick, Georgia. He maintains operational control of two retail pharmacies and one long-term care pharmacy with a compounding pharmacy. The second generation in a family-owned business, Griffis is passionate about the power of pharmacy accreditation and says, “With so many industry changes, standardization of patient care is critical for patient safety and positive patient outcomes.”
- James H. Mathers, COF, a DME department manager and inventory coordinator at Mercer Bucks Orthopaedics in Mercer County, New Jersey. He provides direct patient care within an 18-physician orthopedic practice. Mathers has been an active volunteer in his community since 2001 and looks forward to the opportunity to serve BOC and its stakeholders.
- William Spear, RS, RPh, CNN, president of Hazle Drugs, Inc. and Hazle Compounding, LLC, a family-owned business operating for more than 148 years in downtown Hazelton, Pennsylvania. Spear is a 20-year veteran of custom compounding and brings a wealth of knowledge to BOC’s board, including unique aspects of pharmacy.
BOC’s new Chair, Wayne R. Rosen, BOCP, BOCO, LPO, CDME, FAAOP, says, “With so many good things happening at BOC, we are fortunate to have a diverse Board of Directors to support our mission as we serve our valued family of credential-holders and the patients they serve each and every day. I look forward to our continued growth in 2018!”