The Board of Certification/Accreditation (BOC) recently announced the results of elections for its 2016 Board of Directors, Chair, and Executive Committee (EC).
L. Bradley “Brad” Watson, BOCO, BOCP, LPO, was elected Chair. Watson is an owner/practitioner at Clarksville Limb & Brace and Rehab, Inc. in Clarksville, Tennessee and is a second-generation BOC Orthotist and Prosthetist with over 24 years of experience. He joined the BOC Board in 2012 and most recently served as Secretary.
BOC President & CEO, Claudia Zacharias, MBA, CAE, commented, “I am confident that Brad will continue to advance BOC’s strategic imperatives with integrity and professionalism.”
Joining Watson on the Board’s Executive Committee will be:
- Vice-Chair: Rod Borkowski, CDME, General Manager of Health Essentials DME, Costa Mesa, California
- Secretary: Wayne R. Rosen, BOCP, BOCO, CDME, FAAOP, former owner of W.R. Rosen, Inc., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Treasurer: Shane Ryley, BOCP, BOCO, Area Clinic Manager at Hanger Orthopedic Group, Torrance, California
- Re-elected as Member-At-Large: William J. Powers, MBA, LFACHE, retired Chief Operating Officer of the American Nurses Association and Colonel, Retired, United States Air Force, Medical Service Corp., Midlothian, Virginia
- Immediate Past Chair: James L. Hewlett, BOCO, who has owned, operated, and served as a consultant for both DME and O&P facilities, Redding, California
On his new role with the BOC Board, Watson stated, “I look forward to giving back to the profession and keeping BOC on the cutting edge of credentialing.”
Stepping off the Board as of December 31, 2015 after eight years of service is John P. Kenney, MURP, BOCO, who served two terms as Chair and most recently served as Immediate Past Chair. A member of the BOC Board since 2007, he previously served as Member-At-Large, Secretary, and Vice-Chair. Kenney is Vice President of Ongoing Care Solutions, Inc. in Pinellas Park, Florida.
Also completing their terms on the Board as of December 31, 2015 are Ronnie W. Bias, BOCP, BOCO, Owner of Bias Orthotics & Prosthetics in Opelousas, Louisiana and Theresa McLeod, COF, CMF, Manager of Boutique Services at the Evelyn H. Lauder Breast Center of the Memorial Sloan Kettering Breast Center in New York City.
The newly elected Board members are Diana Klunk, CMF, David Regier, ATC, and Wayne Rosen, BOCP, BOCO, FAAOP.
Klunk is President and Founder of LifeChanges Boutique, Inc., a boutique in Hanover, Pennsylvania, for women living with cancer. She is a BOC-certified Mastectomy Fitter and Compression Fitter. Klunk will serve as a Director on the Board.
Regier is Director of Rehabilitation at Fort Worth Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine in Fort Worth, Texas, and has been certified as an Athletic Trainer since 1979. He is also a former Board member for the National Athletic Trainers Association. Regier, an amputee, will serve as Public Member. The Public Member is a representative of the consumers of BOC certificants’ services.
Rosen is former owner of W.R. Rosen, Inc., Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He is a certified Orthotist, Prosthetist, and Pedorthist, and is also an Adjunct Professor at the Barry University School of Podiatry. Rosen will serve as Secretary on the Executive Committee.