Who We Are
The Board of Certification/Accreditation (BOC) is an independent, not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting quality patient care by offering highly valued credentials for professionals and businesses.
BOC provides accreditation for a variety of providers:
- Orthotic and prosthetic (O&P) practices
- Suppliers of durable medical equipment (DME)
- Mastectomy boutiques
BOC offers the following certifications for new candidates:
- Orthotic Fitter (COF) – BOC-certified orthotic fitters are qualified to supervise the selection of appropriate devices and measure, assemble, and apply orthosis. COFs also follow up with patients needing prescribed prefabricated orthotics.
- Mastectomy Fitter (CMF) – BOC-certified mastectomy fitters are qualified to measure, fit, dispense, and adjust external breast prostheses, bras, and related supplies. CMFs also follow up with patients needing external breast prostheses and other post-mastectomy services.
- DME Specialist (CDME™) – BOC-certified DME specialists are qualified to help with basic repairs, troubleshooting, and home inspections for DME products such as oxygen, transfer systems, enteral supplies, and wound care.
BOC will continue to provide services and support to BOC-certified orthotists, prosthetists, and pedorthists; we no longer accept new applications for these three certification programs.
- 35 years of credentialing experience
- Authorized/deemed by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Recognized by Medicare and third-party payors as meeting national standards
- Nationally acclaimed, award-winning customer service
- Highly respected name in the industry
BOC assures patients, physicians, professional organizations, the public at large, and government agencies and representatives of the competence, professionalism, and safe practice environments of BOC-certified professionals and/or BOC-accredited businesses.
- Customer First – BOC strives to make every customer interaction a positive one.
- Innovation – BOC actively seeks out the latest ideas, products, and processes to carry out our mission in the best way possible.
- Integrity – BOC team members are honest, have strong principles, and keep their word.
- Professionalism – BOC recognizes the competence and skill of those to whom we award our credentials and hold ourselves to high standards of proficiency in all we do.