The nomination period for the 2020 Jim Newberry Award is now closed.
Thank you for your nominations.
→ To nominate a BOC Certificant for outstanding work in their field, visit the 2021 CERTIFICANT OF THE YEAR AWARD page.
About the Award
The Jim Newberry Award for Extraordinary Service recognizes outstanding individuals who perform extraordinary service to BOC and live out the superior example modeled by former practitioner and BOC board member James Newberry, Jr., BOCP, BOCO, BOCPD during his more than four decades in the field of orthotics and prosthetics. Winners might include—but are not limited to—former board members, test development volunteers, vendors or other business partners, certificants, personnel from BOC-accredited facilities, and consultants. See the Newberry Award Eligibility Overview for complete details.
Who is eligible?
- past members of the BOC board
- BOC test development volunteers
- BOC vendors
- BOC business partners
- BOC certificants
- personnel from BOC-accredited facilities
Who is not eligible?
- current members of the BOC Board of Directors
- current members of the BOC staff
About The Process
- Nomination period opens June 8, 2020.
- Eligible nominees will be contacted by BOC and asked to complete and submit an application form.
- Nomination period closes September 16, 2020.
- Application deadline is September 25, 2020.
- Winner is announced TBD.
2020 Nomination Form
September 16, 2020: The nomination period for the 2020 Newberry Award program is now closed.