Transform Your Career with Certification
Why Become Certified?
- Gain a competitive advantage.
- Build professional credibility.
- Demonstrate your commitment to your profession.
Why Certify with BOC?
Assure Quality Care
Board of Certification/Accreditation (BOC) has been trusted by patients, physicians, employers, professional organizations, government agencies, referral sources, and the public for more than 35 years as a mark of:
- Credible and competent service
- Up-to-date credentials
- An assurance of patient safety
Earn Recognized Credentials
- Prove that you have met rigorous standards
- Demonstrate quality and professionalism
- Gain recognition in the healthcare community
Take the Exam on Your Schedule
Become a BOC certificant on your terms, efficiently and cost-effectively:
- Select the location of your certification exam-- in-person at a test center or online from your home or office computer with a live, remote proctor.
- Take your exam at a time convenient for you; live, remotely-proctored exams are offered 24/7!
- Receive your exam results instantly! All BOC certification exams are computer-based so there is no waiting!
- Reschedule your exam at no additional expense if you need to postpone.
- Use the time allotted to prepare and become certified!
- Schedule your exam appointment.
Receive One-On-One Assistance
Our staff will support you as you get certified (and after you’re certified) with our personalized, one-on-one approach. Once you pass your exam, BOC assists you in finding and tracking your continuing education. If you’re interested in earning more than one certification, we’re here to help.
BOC Emeritus Status
The BOC Board of Directors created Emeritus status for inactive BOC certificants in good standing who have been certified with BOC for a minimum of 15 continuous years. Candidates for Emeritus status may be on the verge of retirement, already retired, or currently practicing in other fields. For more information or to apply, please email email@example.com.
Certifications We Offer
Select one below for full description
What Does a DME Specialist Do?
The CDME helps with basic repairs, troubleshooting, and home inspections for DME (Durable Medical Equipment) products like oxygen, transfer systems, enteral feeding supplies, and wound care. Certified DME specialists are highly valued in the industry as an assurance to patients and as trusted sources of professionalism and quality care. The CDME Scope of Practice provides greater detail regarding the role of a BOC-certified DME Specialist.
What Advantage Does a DME Supplier Gain by Having a CDME On Staff?
- Differentiation in the market
- Management of risk
- Criteria for evaluating potential employees
- Limiting of fraud, waste, and abuse
- Increase in customer satisfaction
- Assurance for referral sources
Medicare human resources management standards require that technical personnel be knowledgeable, competent, and trained to deliver products. A CDME will provide additional assurance of compliance.
Eligibility Prerequisites for the DME Specialist Certification
To be eligible to take the DME certification exam, an applicant must have a high school diploma or equivalent. An eligible candidate will have a verifiable minimum of 500 hours (approximately 13 weeks of full-time work) of documented experience at a DME facility. For auditing purposes, candidates should maintain and keep readily available attestation from a supervisor.
Get Certified with BOC
Video 2:12 Minutes
Overview explaining the the ease and value of obtaining your certification with BOC.
Three Steps to Certification
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
SCHEDULE AND TAKE YOUR CERTIFICATION EXAM
CDME applicants are required to complete a multiple-choice exam. BOC’s test delivery provider, PSI, offers two test delivery options, in-person exams at a test center and live, remote online-proctored exams from your computer.
Once your application is approved, you’ll receive notification of your eligibility to sign up for your exam. BOC offers year-round testing for all computer-based exams, which means you don’t have to wait for a testing window. Use the CDME Detailed Content Outline to prepare for the exam.
RECEIVE YOUR RESULTS
No matter what computer-based test mode you choose, you will receive your results instantly upon the completion of your exam. Once your have earned your certification, you must meet continuing education requirements and renew your certification annually.