Earn Accreditation in Four Simple Steps:
1. Contact Our Team
2. Prepare for Your On-Site Survey
Our Accreditation Team will carefully review your application to determine if you are ready for your on-site survey. Once ready, use the Site Survey Checklist to prepare for your on-site survey. A site surveyor – a contracted professional who assesses compliance of your business with required rules and regulations – will visit your business during the hours listed on your application. The surveyor will inspect your business location(s), required manuals, patient charts, and financial documents.
3. Receive Your Results
Once BOC reviews your survey results, you will be notified of your accreditation status. If your business did not meet the requirements, BOC will contact you if additional information is required.
4. Accreditation Awarded
In addition to your accreditation, we recommend that you obtain the following:
National Provider Identifier (NPI)
Your NPI is a required field on your enrollment application.
Provider Transaction Number (PTAN)
Your PTAN is required to bill CMS.
- To obtain a PTAN, submit a Medicare Enrollment Application (CMS Form 855S) and a copy of your accreditation certificate to the National Supplier Clearinghouse (NSC).
- Additional information about the process can be found on the Enroll as a DMEPOS Supplier page of the CMS website.
- Please note that applying for the PTAN is a separate process.
- BOC cannot influence how quickly NSC issues your PTAN.