OWINGS MILLS, Md. (Nov. 30, 2023) –The Board of Certification/Accreditation (BOC) Board of Directors proudly announces its 2024 executive committee and the election of two new board members.
The executive committee is made up of officers of the board. Officers elected for 2024 include:
- Chairman: Cameron Stewart, BOCO, BOCP, co-founder of Alcam Medical Orthotics and Prosthetics in Riverside, CA
- Vice-Chairman: Abel Guevara III, DHA, MHIM, FACHDM, RHIA, mMBA, CPhT-Adv, CDME, vice president of DME for MedicusRx in Houston, Texas
- Secretary: Angela Presley, Ph.D., BOCPD, COF, director of commercialization services for Simbex in Lebanon, NH and accelerator coordinator for Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH
- Treasurer (incumbent): Daniel Griffis III, PharmD, pharmacist in charge for Rainbow Drugstore in Brunswick, GA
- Member-at-Large: Bradley “Brad” Watson, BOCO, BOCP, LPO, past president and regional manager for Clarksville Limb + Brace + Rehab A Bionic Company in Clarksville, TN
- Immediate Past Chair: Wayne Rosen, BOCP, BOCO, LPO, CDME, FAAOP, clinical consultant
“I am honored to be elected as Chairman for the BOC Board of Directors,” says Cameron Stewart, BOCO, BOCP. “As Chairman, my goal will be to help the industry advance in this technological age of healthcare, and I look forward to collaborating with this esteemed group of professionals to further BOC’s mission.”
Farrell Friedenberg, CMF joins the board with more than a decade of mastectomy and compression experience. As the owner of Jay Ann Intimates, the largest and most respected mastectomy/compression boutique in the Philadelphia region, Friedenberg is responsible for the management of all aspects of the business, ranging from fittings and customer relations to marketing, training and education of her staff and more. Friedenberg earned her Certified Mastectomy Fitter (CMF) credential from BOC in 2017 and looks forward to serving on the board to make a positive impact on current and future mastectomy fitters and business owners. Friedenberg holds a bachelor’s degree in fine arts from the Tyler School of Arts.
Michael Silverman, Esq., CDME is co-founder, attorney and operator of Silverman Bain, LLP, where he focuses on advising healthcare professionals and entrepreneurs on all aspects of their business operations, from startups through ongoing operations and sales. Over the past several years, Silverman has worked closely and collaboratively with BOC to educate clients on the myriad of ever-changing laws governing their participation as DMEPOS providers and/or credentialed healthcare professionals. As a BOC CDME, Silverman joins the board with a unique point of view and legal perspective on the ongoing needs of DMEPOS providers; he shares in BOC’s commitment to empowering BOC-accredited businesses with knowledge to make sound decisions while managing the delicate balance between operations and complying with the law. Silverman earned his juris doctorate from the University of Miami School of Law and his undergraduate degree from Florida State University.
Daniel Griffis III, PharmD and Bill Chaudry, CDME were approved by the board for their second four-year terms of service.
As the transition to the 2024 board takes place, BOC thanks departing members Diana Klunk, CMF and William J. “Bill” Powers, MBA, LFACHE for their many contributions; their terms will end on December 31, 2023. During their time on the board, Klunk and Powers served in important leadership and committee roles.
For more information about BOC, visit bocusa.org.