The BOC Board of Directors proudly announces its 2021 executive committee and the election of a new board member.
The executive committee is made up of the officers of the board. Officers elected for 2021 are:
- Chair (incumbent): Bradley “Brad” Watson, BOCO, BOCP, LPO, president of Clarksville Limb + Brace + Rehab in Clarksville, Tennessee
- Vice-Chair: Abel Guevara III, MHIM, RHIA, CDME, chief operating officer and corporate compliance officer, New Way Medical Supply in San Antonio, Texas
- Secretary (incumbent): David D. Regier, ATC, LAT, MS, consultant, Fort Worth Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine and Shriners Hospitals Sports Medicine
- Treasurer: Cameron Stewart, BOCO, BOCP, co-founder, Alcam Medical Orthotics and Prosthetics in Riverside, CA
- Member-at-Large (incumbent): Diana Klunk, CMF, Certified Mastectomy Fitter at The Perfect Match Boutique, Camp Hill, PA
- Immediate Past Chair (incumbent): Wayne R. Rosen, BOCP, BOCO, LPO, CDME, FAAOP, clinical consultant
New BOD Member
Joining the board in 2021 is Angela Smalley, Ph.D., BOCPD, COF. With more than 5 years of experience in the O&P profession, Smalley will bring to the board expert knowledge of the latest advancements in the world of medtech research and development.
Smalley is a Project Leader for product evaluation in the Commercialization Services division at Simbex in Lebanon, New Hampshire. In this role, she leads consulting teams in medical device and consumer health product design. In addition, she is responsible for regulatory and reimbursement strategy, clinical rationale and workflow assessments, market research, concept evaluation, and quality management. Smalley holds a Ph.D. in rehabilitation science from the University at Buffalo, a Master of Science in exercise science and health promotion from California University of Pennsylvania, and a Bachelor of Science in therapeutic recreation from Houghton College.
Outgoing BOD Members
As the transition to the 2021 board takes place, BOC thanks departing board members Mark Parris, Pharm.D., RPh, COF, and John W. “Sion” Owen, Jr., BOCPD, CDME; their terms will end on December 31, 2020. During their time of the board, both Parris and Owen served in important board leadership and committee roles.
“The commitment of our board members is tremendous,” said Claudia Zacharias, MBA, CAE, BOC’s President and CEO. “Mark Parris and Sion Owen exemplify the professionalism, wisdom, and expertise that combine to provide invaluable leadership. As BOC grows and continuously exceeds the expectations of our customers, we want to pause and extend our sincere gratitude to those who have served, as well as to those who are assuming new board roles.”