Why Become Certified?
- Gain a competitive advantage
- Build professional credibility
- Demonstrate your commitment to your profession
Why Choose BOC?
Assure Quality Care
Board of Certification/Accreditation (BOC) certification has been trusted by patients, physicians, employers, professional organizations, government agencies, referral sources, and the public for more than 35 years as a mark of:
- Credible and competent service
- Up-to-date credentials
- An assurance of patient safety
Earn Recognized Credentials
Because BOC’s fitter certifications are accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA), you can rest assured that BOC recognition is respected throughout the healthcare community.
- Prove that you have met rigorous standards
- Demonstrate quality and professionalism
- Gain recognition in the healthcare community
- Achieve Emeritus* status after 15+ years of practice as BOC-certified professional
Take the exam on Your Schedule
Become a BOC certificant on your terms, efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Schedule your appointment in-person at a test location or online from your computer with a live, remote proctor.
- Choose when to take computer-based exams at a time convenient for you; live, remote-proctored exams are offered 24/7!
- Receive your exam results instantly!
- Reschedule an exam at no additional expense if you need to postpone.
- Use the ample time allotted to prepare and become certified!
Receive One-On-One Assistance
Our staff will support you as you get certified (and after you’re certified) with our personalized, one-on-one approach. Once you pass your exam, BOC assists you in finding and tracking your continuing education. If you’re interested in earning more than one certification, we’re here to help.
*BOC Emeritus Status
The BOC Board of Directors created Emeritus status for inactive BOC certificants in good standing who are no longer practicing in the O&P field and have been certified with BOC for a minimum of 15 continuous years. Candidates for Emeritus status may be on the verge of retirement, already retired, or currently practicing in other fields. For more information or to apply, please contact our Credentialing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select a Certification
Each BOC certification has its own scope of practice, eligibility requirements, and multiple-choice exam. Education, work experience requirements, and the examinations reflect what certificants really do in your profession. Select a certification below for specific details.