BOC Board of Directors Elects Executive Committee for 2013
The 2013 Executive Committee (EC) of its Board of Directors has been announced by the Board of Certification/Accreditation (BOC).
The following EC members have been elected to another term in their respective roles:
- Chair: John P. Kenney, MURP, BOCO, Vice President of Ongoing Care Solutions, Inc.
- Vice Chair: James L. Hewlett, BOCO, DMEPOS Consultant for ConsultantsPRN, Educator and Author for OandPEdu.com
- Secretary: R. Jeffrey Hedges, President of R. J. Hedges and Associates
- Treasurer: William J. Powers, MBA, LFACHE, retired Chief Operating Officer of the American Nurses Association and retired Air force Medical Service Corp. Officer
- Immediate Past Chairwoman: Sharon L. Nichelson, CMOF, North Platte Foot Clinic
The Executive Committee will welcome Mark L. Parris, Pharm D, Rph, COF, as Member-at-Large.
Parris joined the BOC Board in 2010. He owns and practices at Parris Medical Services in Blue Ridge, Georgia. He also serves as Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Academy of Independent Pharmacy Association in Georgia and is active as a member of the Georgia Pharmacy Association, serving on the Committee of Governmental Affairs. His dual role as pharmacist and certified orthotic fitter offers a unique perspective to the EC. “I want to thank my colleagues on the Board for their support and confidence,” Parris said of his election to the EC. “I am totally committed to the continued development of BOC in its role as a leader in the industry.”
Transitioning off of the Executive Committee is James Newberry, Jr., BOCPO, BOCPD, who served two terms as Member-at-Large. Newberry is a practitioner at Mahnke’s Orth-Prosth, Inc. He also serves BOC in a number of other ways, including as a facility accreditation site surveyor and test development volunteer for BOC’s orthotist, prosthetist, and pedorthist exams.
Claudia Zacharias, MBA, CAE, BOC President & CEO, thanked Newberry for his contributions during the past two terms and is enthusiastic about Parris joining the EC. “Having a distinguished group of experts from various fields on our EC is a major factor contributing to our innovation and success.”
The newly elected EC will get to work beginning January 1, 2013. The first face-to-face meeting will occur in conjunction with the American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists Annual Meeting in Orlando, Florida, in February.