Transform Your Career with Certification
Why Become Certified?
- Gain a competitive advantage.
- Build professional credibility.
- Demonstrate your commitment to your profession.
Why Certify with BOC?
Assure Quality Care
Board of Certification/Accreditation (BOC) has been trusted by patients, physicians, employers, professional organizations, government agencies, referral sources, and the public for more than 35 years as a mark of:
- Credible and competent service
- Up-to-date credentials
- An assurance of patient safety
Earn Recognized Credentials
- Prove that you have met rigorous standards
- Demonstrate quality and professionalism
- Gain recognition in the healthcare community
Take the Exam on Your Schedule
Become a BOC certificant on your terms, efficiently and cost-effectively:
- Select the location of your certification exam-- in-person at a test center or online from your home or office computer with a live, remote proctor.
- Take your exam at a time convenient for you; live, remotely-proctored exams are offered 24/7!
- Receive your exam results instantly! All BOC certification exams are computer-based so there is no waiting!
- Reschedule your exam at no additional expense if you need to postpone.
- Use the time allotted to prepare and become certified!
- Schedule your exam appointment.
Receive One-On-One Assistance
Our staff will support you as you get certified (and after you’re certified) with our personalized, one-on-one approach. Once you pass your exam, BOC assists you in finding and tracking your continuing education. If you’re interested in earning more than one certification, we’re here to help.
BOC Emeritus Status
The BOC Board of Directors created Emeritus status for inactive BOC certificants in good standing who have been certified with BOC for a minimum of 15 continuous years. Candidates for Emeritus status may be on the verge of retirement, already retired, or currently practicing in other fields. For more information or to apply, please email email@example.com.
Certifications We Offer
Select one below for full description
What Does A Certified Orthotic Fitter Do?
The COF properly fits, dispenses and adjusts prefabricated orthotic devices. Orthotic devices aid patients in daily living by supporting weakened or abnormal limbs and joints. Trained and certified orthotic fitters are integral to the physical and emotional well-being of patients, providing training and instruction on how to properly use and maintain prefabricated orthotic devices. Board of Certification/Accreditation Orthotic Fitters (BOC COFs) are recognized professionally as having completed a rigorous education and training program that satisfies industry standards. The BOC COF Scope of Practice provides greater detail regarding the role of a BOC COF.
Eligibility Prerequisites for the Orthotic Fitter Certification
To be eligible to take the orthotic fitter certification exam, an applicant is required to demonstrate successful completion (within the last five years) of an entry-level course through a fitter school or education provider.
A candidate will have a minimum of 1,000 hours (25 weeks of full-time work) of documented patient care under the supervision of an appropriately qualified professional (another orthotic fitter or a professional with the orthotic fitter scope within his/her own scope of practice). For auditing purposes, documentation should be maintained and kept readily available. Suggestions for obtaining patient care requirements include:
- volunteering at your local hospital or clinic
- contact BOC to connect with facilities in your area
- bringing an orthotic fitter into your facility
Get Certified with BOC
Video 2:12 Minutes
Overview explaining the the ease and value of obtaining your certification with BOC.
Three Steps to Certification
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
SCHEDULE AND TAKE YOUR CERTIFICATION EXAM
CDME applicants are required to complete a multiple-choice exam. BOC’s test delivery provider, PSI, offers two test delivery options, in-person exams at a test center and live, remote online-proctored exams from your computer.
Once your application is approved, you’ll receive notification of your eligibility to sign up for your exam. BOC offers year-round testing for all computer-based exams, which means you don’t have to wait for a testing window. Use the COF Detailed Content Outline to prepare for the exam.
RECEIVE YOUR RESULTS
No matter what computer-based test mode you choose, you will receive your results instantly upon the completion of your exam. Once your have earned your certification, you must meet continuing education requirements and renew your certification annually.